Celebration of Life
We want to celebrate Jno's
Please join us at a casual gathering where everyone can be together and
share their stories. We'll have food and drink to enjoy, memorabilia to
peruse, and a slide show of photos. After we've had time for people to
arrive, the family will say a few words and share some memories before
passing the mic around to anyone who wants to share their stories. We
want to hear from you! Jno has touched so many lives and any one of us
in attendance has only seen a fraction of the whole.
Please tell anyone you think should know about this event. We've tried
to reach as many people as we can, but we worry we may have missed some.
Also, please check back here for updates regularly.
If you have a few photos you'd like to have included in the program
(or if you have any questions) please send them to
ahead of time.
We're looking forward to sharing this time with you.
-- Claudia, Mary, Karen, Pete, George, Jay, & Kees
Sunday July 14, 2-5pm
Chicago Theater Works
1113 W Belmont Ave
Have you met Jno? :) There's no dress code.
In lieu of flowers
We just want to have you attend and share your memories of Jno.
But if you would like to, gifts to Columbia College Chicago's
John Mulvany and Bob Thall Scholarship in Photography
are appreciated. Please visit
for details on how to make a gift. For online gifts, select "Other" from
the drop-down menu and write "Thall/Mulvany Scholarship in memory of Jno Cook"
in the comment section.
Getting to the venue
Public transit: Take the Red or Brown line to the Belmont stop. You can then either walk 6 blocks or catch the westbound 77 Belmont bus (toward Cumberland) to the Seminary stop.
Parking near the venue:
- Pay Garage parking available at 1333 W. Belmont (the Northwestern Immediate Care building). Rate for 2 to 4 hours is $16.00.
- There is metered parking available on Belmont (pay at box or using the Parking Chicago App).
- Surrounding streets are zoned 383 after 6:00p.m.; until then any legal spot you can find is free. Day passes for the 383 zone will be available, but they will not be necessary during the hours of the memorial service.
As you plan your trip, bear in mind that there are a couple of events in the neighborhood that are likely to cause traffic delays:
- Cubs home game at 1:20p.m.
- Southport Art Festival (Southport and Waveland)
Please email Kees
with any questions.