Snooping around RAM
and the hard drive
This actually is more than just snooping RAM. Some of the programs below
snoop system information: the CPU, the IRQs, programs in memory, etc
.. a list of programs ..
- Most DOS versions and Windows versions include the program MSD.EXE. It
will allow you to see just about everything except RAM and the HD.
- If you have a version of Symantic's Norton Utilities, use Disk Editor
and System Info.
- DOS and Windows include the program DEBUG.EXE (included with all
versions except DOS 5) or DEBUG.COM. This is the ultimate command line
interface with RAM. But better print out the directions first, this program
is really obscure.
- Find LIST.COM (on the internet, at UIArchive, Simtel, Garbo, etc). It
allows looking at the innards of any program, in alphabetical or hex
versions. It is also the world's fastest file lister.
- If you use QEMM upper memory manager, use MFT.EXE to look at things,
either in Windows or DOS.
- Use "mem" from the DOS command-line prompt. Do "mem /?" first to see
what parameters are available.
HOST: Outflux.net, http://www.Outflux.net